Ever been told or assume that November and December are bad times to look for work? Well I am here to confirm to you that this time frame can be very lucrative and successful.
Allow me to give you some reasons:
- More than 80% of job seekers stop searching for work — competition is greatly reduced!
- Many professionals quit this time of year, creating openings
- Companies tie up loose ends before the new year
- Many companies must spend their remaining budget $$$
- Businesses wind down and have more time available to train you
HOLIDAY JOB SEARCH TIPS
- Use the holidays to ”schmooze” – ask for advice and feedback
- Send holiday cards to your network of contact with your business card inside
- Create a job search ”to do” list with at least 1 task or activity every day
- Tap into your network and ask them for 2 more contact names who might be interested in speaking with you
- Take seasonal work over the holidays to meet new people and assist with your bills
So get out there and connect with your contacts and potential employers — both of you will be glad you did!
And … keep focused! … keep positive! … and keep learning!